A light tomato sauce bold in garlic and red pepper.
- 1 9 oz. package RP’s Fresh Gluten-Free Fusilli
- ½ lbs. medium shrimp shelled and deveined (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium size onion diced fine
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 2 Cups water
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook for 10 seconds. Add the sugar and red pepper flakes and toss quickly. Add the shrimp (if using) and toss with the garlic and onion and cook for about 1 minute on each side. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside. Add the tomatoes to the pan and bring to a boil. Add the water and return to a boil and reduce by half, about 10 minutes. Add the salt and pepper and reduce the heat to low. Return the shrimp to the pan and heat thoroughly. Boil the pasta according to the instructions. Drain and toss immediately in the sauté pan to coat with the sauce. Serve and arrange the shrimp on top. Sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired. Serves 2-3.